From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD : .ebuild is only bash
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:54:15
1 >>>>> On Mon, 12 Mar 2012, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:05:46 +0100
4 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
5 >> See above, even if we should ever move away from bash, GLEP 55 is
6 >> still not needed.
7
8 > ...but we might as well go with GLEP 55 anyway, since GLEP 55
9 > definitely works, whereas other solutions might work so long as we
10 > don't do something unexpected.
11
12 > This whole thing is just an exercise in trying to find excuses not
13 > to use GLEP 55.
14
15 There are very good reasons not to embed this information in the
16 filename. That it makes the filename harder to parse for the human eye
17 and more difficult to type is one of them.
18
19 Besides, we already have a council decision about that GLEP.
20
21 Ulrich