From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mailserver
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:28:29
1 On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 02:36:38PM -0500, Joshua Pollak wrote:
2 : > Others prefer qmail for the exact same reason so...
3 :
4 : I prefer qmail for the Maildir use, as well as some nice spam tools like
5 : tmda. I personally find it a pain to administer (on my Debian box), but
6 : its very fast and secure. Try a couple, Use what makes you happy.
7
8 As a point of information, exim/postfix/qmail all support the maildir
9 format and have it enabled in the default Gentoo configs.
10
11 Also, TMDA now supports all three of the aforementioned MTAs.
12
13 --Jerry
14
15 Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
16 ...It's much more important than that!