From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Cc: devrel@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ombudsman project ending
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:18:12
1 Hi all.
2
3 The Ombudsman project have grown thinner with some members leaving
4 Gentoo and others not having as much time for it as they used to.
5 Ombudsman and Developer Relations have therefore made a joint decision
6 to end the Ombudsman project and instead move conflict mediation to
7 Developer Relations itself.
8
9 It is our hope that the decision to close the Ombudsman project and
10 incorporate the mediation function more directly in Developer Relations
11 will help strengthen that part as more people will be able to help on
12 any given case.
13
14 We've made a few small changes to the Conflict Resolution policy to
15 reflect these changes and make sure that mediation is still an important
16 part of resolving conflicts. The updated policy is available at
17 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/policy.xml.
18
19 Finally I'd like to thank Grant (g2boojum), Seemant and Michael
20 (marineam) for their great work as Ombudsman and welcome Michael as an
21 official member of Developer Relations conflict resolution team.
22
23 Regards,
24 Bryan Østergaard
25 --