From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving GCC-3.4 to stable on x86
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:23:11
1 Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net> said:
2 > So make gcc-config produce warnings when changing the compiler.
3 >
4 > "Switching to gcc-MAJOR.MINOR may break your system. Upgrade
5 > instructions can be found at http://thedoc"
6 >
7 > Trigger the message only when switching minor versions.
8
9 That's going to be really really annoying for someone like me that flips
10 between gcc versions all the time to test things.
11
12 How to inform users of updates is not really the scope here though (go argue
13 this on the news GLEP). Making sure the information for how to properly
14 upgrade is available is what we are looking at.
17 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
18 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
19 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
20 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
21 http://www.halcy0n.com