From: Mix Sella <mix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ethernet initialization scripts
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:05:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I have already mailed the maintainer of /etc/init.d/net.eth* with this
4 question but I thought that it would be also interesting to ask it here, so
5 here it goes:
6
7 Is it viable to add "local" interface start/stop scripts, akin to
8 /etc/init.d/local.*? I would propose to create /etc/conf.d/net/, move
9 /etc/conf.d/net file into it, and put eth0.{start|stop} files there. The
10 reason *I* want that is that we have Gentoo servers which often have 3-5
11 network interfaces.
12
13 This is a trivial task, so here comes the question:
14
15 1) Is this really a proper way to do it (subdirectory in /etc/conf.d)?
16 2) Does it comply with Gentoo standards and ideology?
17 3) Does anyone else want it (e.g. should it be committed?)
20 Mix Sella (well, not really but hey)
21
22 This mail was checked for viruses by Romat email server
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list