From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] death to mailer-config/mailwrapper
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:43:15
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote: [Fri Nov 02 2007, 08:35:50PM CDT]
2 > It was a good idea, but it just never took off, I think mainly because
3 > it required too many changes to MTAs, and also did not provide for one
4 > of the original goals - running two disparate MTAs on the same box.
5
6 The mailwrapper program is only intended to allow users to have two MTAs
7 _installed_ on the same box, not actually have them both running
8 simultaneously. It works pretty well for that, but I agree that there
9 seems to be little real need for it. I have no objection to it going
10 away.
11
12 -g2boojum-
13 --
14 Grant Goodyear
15 Gentoo Developer
16 g2boojum@g.o
17 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
18 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76