From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Future EAPI Idea: post source hook for eclasses
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:17:45
1 On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:11:47 +1300
2 Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > What I keep wanting to have is a hook that triggers after the ebuild
5 > is loaded, defined in the eclass.
6
7 +1 Yes, please.
8
9 My habit is to follow A.1 unless I know of the functionality that B.1
10 would assume, in which case I would put things near the relevant phase
11 functions; putting things near that forms an association, which makes
12 it less like B.1 and more in a way you wouldn't forget about it. This
13 very last association thing was teached to me on the Java herd.
14
15 In general, due to that some are in one way and some in the other; I
16 think that what you bring forward does happen, trying to find a counter
17 example for what I wrote: I could even try to wrongly associate
18 something that belongs before an inherit with a phase function...
21 With kind regards,
22
23 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
24 Gentoo Developer
25
26 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
27 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
28 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D