From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Vadim <vadim_t@××××××××.es>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should I submit anything with an ebuild?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:25:48
1 On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 06:16:19PM +0200, Vadim wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hello!
6 >
7 > When submitting an ebuild should I also submit the digest, Manifest
8 > (is that new? I'm almost sure I didn't see that one before), and
9 > ChangeLog, or they're supposed to be created by whoever adds the
10 > ebuild into the portage tree? I looked in the documentation and
11 > didn't find any references to this.
14 Don't bother with a digest. We'd have to independently verify it anyway.
15 Manifests are basically just digests.
16
17 ChangeLogs are useful, although I usually munge the information in them
18 anyway.
22 Jon Portnoy
23 avenj/irc.freenode.net
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list