From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Update from User Relations wrt User Representatives.
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 08:57:06
1 Mauricio Lima Pilla wrote:
2
3 > As I've stated in the forums [1], I don't think that picking somebody that
4 > was not elected for the chair is a good practice. If you have found that
5 > the way elections were conducted did not produce a good result, maybe you
6 > should at least change your project description [2]:
7 >
8 > "Gentoo User Representatives (userreps) form part of Gentoo User Relations
9 > (userrel) and are elected each year by Gentoo users to represent them to
10 > the development community."
11 >
12 > Not that I have something against djay-il, it's just that I don't like the
13 > way this whole situation is being handled.
14 >
15 I don't agree with you. The practicalities mean that since we are mid-term,
16 and this is only one post, and there is a candidate the existing team have
17 proposed, we should just let them get on with their job. Personally I think
18 that'd be a fairly good basis for policy.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list