From: "C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP" <cjac@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] parser/generator for /etc/conf.d/net*
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:47:33
1 Hello folks,
2
3 I've got a project on my plate to automate and reduce the human error in
4 adding new VLANs, subnets, addresses, etc. to our production firewall
5 fleet. Today, we manually make modifications to the following on both
6 members of the VRRP pair:
7
8 * /etc/conf.d/net.ext
9 * /etc/conf.d/net.int
10 * /etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf
11 * quagga OSPF running-config
12
13 This leaves a lot of room for error. And occasionally, we let a thing
14 or two slip by us. This causes us enough headache to put some time and
15 energy in to improving the process.
16
17 Which brings me to the question, does there exist a parser/generator for
18 the /etc/conf.d/net.* files? If not, would Gentoo like me to contribute
19 my work on the generator, and would one of you point me to the parser?
20
21 Thanks for your time,
22
23 C.J.