From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per package eclass GLEP
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 15:08:19
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:59:22 +0200
Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o> wrote:
> On 09/26/2010 03:22 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote: > > Isn't the amount of work to get per-package eclasses basically the > > same as the amount of work to get per-(package and category) > > eclasses? > > Actually, I don't know. Tell me. I've no clue how much PM > implementation effort this will be, yet.
The difficult bits are: * making sure you can do this without things going horribly wrong for older package managers * making sure metadata cache validation is right * checking everything that uses ECLASSDIR So from that, the complexity is in "making eclasses not be in a single place", not in the number of places eclasses can be. -- Ciaran McCreesh