From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How default route should be set by pppd
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 18:13:46
1 On Saturday 30 September 2006 18:59, Alin Nastac wrote:
2 > I discovered that ppp-2.4.4 set a default route without a gateway. It is
3 > totally fine from IP routing point of view (the simple fact that route
4 > is through the point-to-point link is enough to know the next hop),
5 > except that openswan's %defaultroute need a default gateway in order to
6 > work.
7
8 So how does that look in the routing table?
9
10 If say a DHCP client renewed it's lease and it set a new default route, would
11 this have any effect?
12
13 > I'm about to apply a patch that would reverse to the old way of setting
14 > the default route.
15 > Any objections?
16
17 If it's p.masked then none :)
18
19 Thanks
22 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
23 Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list