From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] net-libs/xulrunner-1.9 slotting or not?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:49:44
1 Hi,
2
3 > Since the pkgconfig files for xulrunner-1.9 are renamed to avoid
4 > collisions with current xulrunner-1.8.
5
6 In general I dont think that is a good idea to do that as you said
7 we'll have to patch all the rev deps of xulrunner. More importantly
8 we'll have to carry on those patches forever because we're doing non
9 "standard" things.
10
11 > The other approach would be not slotting it, p.mask xulrunner-1.9 and
12 > wait until all the packages work against it and then unmask.
13
14 I don't know how hard it would be but I think that's the best option.
15
16 Alexis.