From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Porting ZFS to additional architectures
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 16:27:54
1 On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dear Everyone,
3 >
4 > Does anyone have root access to Linux systems on any of the following
5 > architectures that is willing to help ZFS development?
6 >
7 > Alpha
8 > HPPA
9 > IA-64
10 > MIPS/MIPS64
11 > PPC/PPC64
12 > SH
13 > SPARC/SPARC64
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/dev-machines.xml
16
17 -A
20 > I want to port ZFSOnLinux to all Gentoo Linux architectures this year.
21 > The above architectures either are not currently supported or have not
22 > been tested in a while. Most of them will require patching isa_defs.h,
23 > which I am in a position to do. I am not distributing the patches
24 > because I don't know if ZFS will build on those platforms.
25 >
26 > People willing (and able) to help should email me with their
27 > architecture and distribution. Gentoo Linux is preferred, but not
28 > required. No knowledge of programming is required. I will provide you
29 > with instructions on how to build and test ZFS on your architecture.
30 >
31 > Yours truly,
32 > Richard Yao