From: Justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:44:40
On 20.06.2012 22:35, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:25:30 -0400 > Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote: >> Multilib (and/or multiarch) support >> The current binaries cause a great deal of pain, particularly >> when a user does not want to upgrade something. I had this problem >> with WINE and glibc because I wanted to avoid the reverse memcpy() >> fiasco on my systems. This situation would have been avoided entirely >> if the package manager supported multilib. > > This one's unlikely to happen unless someone's prepared to put in the > work.
Tommy worked a lot on this and he asked for help to bring his proposal/spec/glep into shape. We are all aware what this is all about and know that anybody who is using multilib would benefit. Can't you simply work with him together to get it into what you expect it to be instead of pointing out that it isn't?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>