From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What's up with the binutils (arch unstable) downgrade?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:50:59
1 On Monday 26 July 2004 05:53 am, Duncan wrote:
2 > I've kept my now arch keywordless binutils, pending a bit more info.
3 >
4 > One more line describing /why/ the testing failed, causing the keyword
5 > revocation, would likely have been /incredibly/ helpful.
6
7 it spews a frightening number of (non-fatal) warnings while compiling a kernel
8 and i have one person who is getting a BFD internal error. I removed the
9 ~amd64 keyword more because i dont trust it and to be cautious than anything
10 else. 2.15.90.0.1.1-r3 should be pretty solid on amd64, this is the version
11 in stable (and now the latest version available to ~amd64 users). if you have
12 any problems with it, please feel free to beat me with a stick till it's
13 fixed. ;)
14
15 i do apologise for the less than helpful changelog entry.
19 Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list