From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] hardened flavor of the developer profile
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 16:01:21
1 On Thu, 05 May 2011 17:23:51 +0200, Paweł Hajdan, Jr. wrote:
2 > Currently I'm using the default/linux/x86/10.0/developer profile, but
3 > I'd like to switch to hardened on my developer system to catch more
4 > issues.
5 >
6 > However, eselect profile list only displays one hardened profile for
7 > me:
8 >
9 > $ eselect profile list
10 > Available profile symlink targets:
11 > <snip>
12 >
13 > I'm using eselect-1.2.11.
14 >
15 > When listing the profiles directory in CVS, the hardened profile
16 > seems
17 > to have developer and other sub-profiles:
18 >
19 > ph@localhost ~/gentoo-x86/profiles $ ls -l hardened/linux/x86/
20 > total 48
21 > <snip>
22 >
23 > Any ideas how to get a hardened+developer profile?
24
25 Those profiles that you are seeking are *not* listed in
26 PORTDIR/profiles/profiles.desc which is why they don't show up in
27 eselect output. This means that repoman does not check those profiles at
28 all. I am curious as to how much value they actually have ;) With that
29 being said, eselect is NOT the only way to set your profile, you can
30 just as easily create a symlink.
31 -Jeremy