From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
To: svyatogor@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] volonteers for a gentoo admin tool (portage frontend)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:47:05
1 On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:22:41 +0000
2 Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Not Emergency - please! It sounds as if it's always gonna crash and
5 > you need to call emergensy service.
6
7 It was just in regard to emerge... Other people like it, but
8 actually I don't care that much about the name.
9
10 > I've got another proposal: Gremlin? It has G - for gentoo. In the end
11 > of the day we have "Konqui the dragon" for KDE, Demon, for BSD. Why
12 > not Gremlin for gentoo?
13
14 Don't we already have a mascot in form of Larry the Cow? Maybe we can
15 come up with something along those lines?
16
17 > Probably we should go other way round? First integrate what is already
18 > done and then add new things. This way we'll make sure we're not just
19 > gonna add one more tool, but really integrate existing ones.
20
21 Sure, why not? I just wanted to say that I don't think the package
22 managment part should be the fist to be tackled.
23
24 > I feel that package management has to be in such tool, though not
25 > nesesarily in first versions.
26
27 Sounds like a deal. :)
28
29 Michael
32 www.cargal.org
33 GnuPG-key-ID: 0x90CA09E3
34 Jabber-ID: citizen428 [at] cargal [dot] org
35 Registered Linux User #278726