From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stabilizing libraries without testing reverse deps
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 23:59:50
1 On 4 October 2013 17:03, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > but even what you're describing
4 > above won't cover _everything_, and this is mostly what I'm saying.
8 Yeh, its a given that it won't cover /all/ scenarios. Its obviously not
9 intended to /replace/ arch testers, just supplementary context.
10
11 Also, something else that I forgot to mention, is the real benefit you see
12 with automated test reporting, is the turn around time.
13
14 Within 24-48 hours of the changes hitting the rsync mirrors, you'll have a
15 batch of results showing you if the recent change broke the build or not.
16
17 And that could greatly improve the effective stability of (~ARCH) for those
18 who use it, as long as devs check the report stats.
19
20 And the effective stability of (~ARCH) increases the rate at which (~ARCH)
21 can afford to move, and increased fluidity and movement there would be
22 rather helpful.
26 Kent