From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Illegal news item name
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 18:41:20
1 Hi,
2
3 it was brought up by ulm that the news item
4 '2009-04-18-java-config-wrapper-0.16' has an illegal name because it
5 contains a dot. As it was me who named and commited it, I am sorry for
6 this mistake. The file name in -dev review mail was called
7 'generation1-deprecation' and I probably should have just added the date
8 to it and not try to stick to the package name + version. My bad.
9
10 The question is what to do now, rename it? Users will then see it again,
11 and I don't know if there are even worse consequences.
12 Betelgeuse suggested also commit hook that would check filenames.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Vlastimil