From: mbutcher <mbutcher@××××××××××.tv>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Will Gentoo be well fitted for this idea?
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 13:20:11
1 I have been working on something similar to this. It should be possible, but
2 will take work. Things you might like to read up on are: initrd (initial
3 ramdisks), MTD (Linux kernel support for memory devices), and booting with
4 grub.
5
6 What kind of hardware are you thinking of using? GCT Allwell
7 (http://www.allwell.tv) makes some cool x86 based appliances.
8
9 Feel free to email me directly about stuff that is off topic for Gentoo
10 Linux. This list, I'm sure, can provide some practical information about
11 Gentoo on devices.
12
13 Matt
14