From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Disabling auto-bumping of active Python version
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:59:08
1 On 12/1/10 9:34 PM, Joshua Saddler wrote:
2 > Catalyst sends automated emails to releng@g.o from the
3 > various build boxes: dolphin, poseidon, other dev.g.o machines.
4
5 So we have some automatic reporting. Can we have a webpage for that, or
6 a mailing list that people can subscribe to?
7
8 Idea: make python team receive those emails. ;-)
9
10 >> I am curious how often stage builds fail (how long can they be
11 >> broken until we actually care?)
12 >
13 > Fairly often, especially in the last couple of months or so. There
14 > were some arches that, last I checked, hadn't had
15 > any new media in several months.
16
17 Do we have some bugs or other actions towards fixing those problems?
18
19 > I see messages like this pretty much every day. Releng is
20 > understaffed on a few arches, which is why no one has time to track
21 > down the errors, fix them, and get the builds completed.
22
23 Is it possible to bisect the portage tree and identify a breaking commit?
24
25 By the way, it would be great to have some kind of continuous
26 integration for the portage tree, even something very basic, and visible
27 to the public.