From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PR Project Activity Issues
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:17:20
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 21:30 Mon 26 Jan , AllenJB wrote:
3 >> The Gentoo PR Project currently appears to be having difficulties with
4 >> keeping up, both with the newsletters and announcements, and I believe
5 >> this is currently reflecting badly on the project as a whole.
6 >
7 > It's easy to complain and harder to take action to actually improve
8 > things. From my point of view, it seems like you've got an awful lot of
9 > time for the former and none for the latter.
10 >
11 > Regarding the parts of PR besides the newsletter and events, let me know
12 > once you've done something useful like do the work to close a few PR
13 > bugs, and we'll talk then.
14 >
15 Allen has real heart for Gentoo and is very active on the forums. He
16 doesn't deserve to be brushed of like this. He is willing to help, he is
17 thinking with us and coming up with ideas about how to improve the
18 distro we all love to use. It is this kind of dismissive behavior that
19 gives us the name of being arrogant and difficult to work with, at which
20 point we loose a lot of goodwill from users who are (were) willing to
21 help. I know you better than that, Donnie. So I'll write it off as a
22 temporary lapse of judgement.
23
24 There is valid critique on the slow functioning of PR, and we should try
25 to work this out in our mutual benefit. There is room for improvement,
26 and I'm happy steps are already being taken into that direction (index2
27 especially). Let's see how we can speed things up and spread the load.
28 Having more people join the PR team would be a logical step, in my opinion.
29
30 Cheers,
31 --
32 Ben de Groot
33 Gentoo Linux developer (lxde, media, qt, desktop-misc)
34 Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison
36
37 yngwin@g.o
38 http://ben.liveforge.org/
39 irc://chat.freenode.net/#gentoo-media
40 irc://irc.oftc.net/#lxde