From: Martin Lesser <gentoo@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Assigning unique system uid/gid for new ebuild
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:03:56
1 While writing an ebuild for nullmailer I would like to know how to
2 determine an unique uid/gid (nullmail/nullmail) which I need in the
3 script if I don't want to patch the Makefile.
4
5 Grepping through other ebuild's I saw that there are several packages
6 which also use useradd/groupadd with a given id (i.e. postgres=70).
7
8 Who assigns these ids used in several other ebuild's where system users
9 are needed? How can I prevent id collisions without grepping through
10 other ebuild-files?
11
12 Or should I omit defining sys-users with a fixed id given?
13
14 TIA, Martin
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list