From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Posting to gentoo-dev
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:37:12
1 On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 09:21, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > Greetings all,
3 >
4 > Just a quick question. As a lowly user, I'm just wondering whether I'm allowed
5 > to post to -dev. Not "how do I?" questions, of course; I mean (hopefully)
6 > useful contributions to general discussion items. I've posted twice now and
7 > both times the thread seems to have died - unresolved. I've only been
8 > subscribed for about a week and it seems that much is left unresolved though,
9 > so I don't take offence. Just wondering if I should "mind my own business"...
10
11 Honestly, post often. We love hearing from users. In fact, this list
12 is essentially "about development" rather than being "for developers".
13 We definitely welcome all Gentoo users to post to any thread on this
14 list. After all, Gentoo is about the community, so we want to hear from
15 you as much as we can stand ( ;p) to make Gentoo better for us all.
16 Sometimes a thread simply dies, especially when another is going on
17 which gets people riled up and posting. Have some patience and just let
18 it slide. If nobody touches on the issue, wait a bit until traffic dies
19 down on any "heated" threads and post again.
20
21 Once again, thanks for the posting!
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Developer, Gentoo Linux