From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] call for testers: udev predictable network interface names
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:50:31
1 On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 16/01/13 09:55 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> SUBSYSTEM=="tty", DRIVERS=="pl2303", KERNELS=="4-1:1.0",
4 >> KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", SYMLINK="mythser/rca1"
5 >>
6 >> I'm not sure if rules are additive - if these symlinks would show
7 >> up in addition to whatever other ones are created by other
8 >> rules...
11 > I should look this up before making an authoritative response but I
12 > believe that SYMLINK= would mean no, it's not additive. If you
13 > changed that to SYMLINK+= then it would be additive.
14
15 That worked.
16
17 Looks like /dev/serial/by-path would accomplish what I ended up doing.
18 The by-id directory only lists one of my two serial devices. I
19 suspect this is because the devices are completely identical, aside
20 from being plugged into two different ports.
21
22 Rich