From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summer of Code students and Planet Gentoo
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 09:31:38
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Why a new domain? We've already got a blog setup at
3 > http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/ and could just add
4 > http://planet.gentoo.org/summerofcode/ or something. If you want
5 > something like this, why not (soc|summerofcode).gentoo.org/?
6
7 The domain is already set up, and hosting them there avoids any
8 controversy that might arise from hosting them at /developers. Setting
9 up /summerofcode sounds like extra work on my part.
10
11 In short, it doesn't matter where they are hosted - the point is that
12 they are aggregated on the Gentoo-hosted Planet sites. I expect most of
13 them will have external weblogs anyway.
14
15 Daniel
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list