From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:49:42
1 On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 20 of June 2010 16:42:58 Arun Raghavan wrote:
3 >> Hi folks,
4 >> I'd like to propose a new global USE-flag: introspection.
5 >
6 > I don't mind adding it as globally recognizable USE flag, I'd mind however
7 > having it enabled by default in desktop/base profile.
8
9 There are no plans to enable this USE-flag in the desktop/base profiles.
10
11 > If Gnome needs it,
12 > please enable it in gnome subprofile if you wish (apart from setting all
13 > required USE deps in ebuilds),
14
15 There are no plans as yet to do this either.
16
17 > you can also use IUSE defaults for it which
18 > would allow more fine grained control or if you or Gnome devs decided to drop
19 > the idea at some point.
22 Most of the ebuilds with this USE-flag, have it enabled via IUSE
23 defaults, and that is how we plan to enable it. If that plan changes,
24 however, there will be an RFC on this mailing list as is the proper
25 procedure.
26
27 Thanks
30 ~Nirbheek Chauhan