From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Recommend cronie instead of vixie-cron in handbook?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:31:12
1 Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > Last time I checked, vixie-cron upstream was died while cronie
3 > forked it fixing some bugs :/
4 >
5 > What do you think?
6
7 I think that nobody who is not intimately familiar with the
8 development in both projects can think anything that is actionable.
9
10 It's insulting to see how people all over the internet run as fast
11 as they possibly can in whatever direction even though they have
12 nearly zero detailed understanding of the options they are choosing
13 between.
14
15 A fork is never automatically a good thing. "fixing some bugs" sounds
16 like makeup.
19 //Peter