From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: app-shells/ksh
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 16:34:36
1 Due to events that have occurred upstream, I have decided to stop
2 maintaining app-shells/ksh for Gentoo.
3
4 If you are interested in maintaining this package, I suggest reading
5 through this issue.
6
7 https://github.com/att/ast/issues/1466
8
9 To summarize, due to some vocal members of the KSH community, a
10 developer at AT&T decided to roll back all changes that have been made
11 in the last decade, and point the master branch at the last official
12 AT&T release (ksh93u+).
13
14 The developers who were updating the code for the last few years seem
15 to have given up and have not made any contributions to any fork since
16 February 2020.
17
18 Feel free to ping me if you want to pick this package up and need help
19 getting started.