From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bootstrapping with NPTL
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:09:12
1 On Tuesday 03 February 2004 08:32 am, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > I am currently bootstrapping on another system. I added "nptl" to the USE
3 > flags. I started scripts/bootstrap-2.6.sh. It gave me an error about
4 > sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.0 being masked so I edited the build and added
5 > x86 to KEYWORDS and ran scripts/bootstrap-2.6.sh again. Will this leave me
6 > with a from-scratch NPTL-enabled system?
7
8 i hope you put ~x86 into ACCEPT_KEYWORDS otherwise you wont have nptl enabled
9 in your glibc (you need latest unstable glibc/gcc in order to get nptl)
10
11 you *should* also be running the 2.6.x kernel, but that's not *exactly*
12 required
13 -mike