From: Gabriel Emerson <egabriel@××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No SCSI device
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:07:23
1 This is Gentoo 1.0rc3, from the iso image, cuz I am running FreeBSD on
2 the system
3 currently.
4
5 Achim Gottinger wrote:
6 >
7 > Gabriel Emerson wrote:
8 >
9 > > I am enthusiastic about Gentoo... in theory :)
10 > >
11 > > Second try, this time on my primary system; a Pentium III/500 with an
12 > > adaptec 2940 based
13 > > scsi adapter. I log in as root, to run Fdisk, and find the only scsi
14 > > devices are the
15 > > scd?. No sd?. Is this a symptom of a devfs issue? Though the boot
16 > > sequence whipped
17 > > by pretty quickly I did see it detect my controller and all 4 drives (2
18 > > IBM DDRS-39130, a
19 > > yamaha 6/4/16 cd-writer, and a generic scsi cd).
22 > Hmm, what release do you use, it seems like w need to add sd[a-][0-]
23 > devices.
24 > You can use mknod to create the missing ones manually. You should copy the
25 > kernel from the bootdisk (/dev/ram0)
26 > to your systems /boot/boot/bzImage (backup the old one) because
27 > scsi-support is only availabe in modules and we
28 > have no initrd that preloads modules.
29 >
30 > Bye Achim
33 > > --Gabriel
35 > > gentoo-dev mailing list