From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reply-to munging
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:01:15
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 10:54:35AM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> > Hi all, > > It appears that recently the mailing list server has enabled reply to > munging. From previous discussions (about 2 years ago) it was decided not > to do this reply to munging. What I want to ask is do we want to > reconsider this decision, or do we want the reply-to munging be disabled > again?
The reply-to was set in almost all mailing lists with the old server. During the migration I kept the Reply-To for all lists, I didn't notice that gentoo-dev wasn't using it. I agree that reply-to munging is a bad idea and I tried removing it from gentoo-user receiving a lot of flames because of that, see also this bug for something related about this topic: I'm prefectly happy with removing our reply-to header (and leaving user_defined one if any) if the userbase of this ml is happy to deal without it. Cheers -- Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o> .*. Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Developer V ( ) GPG-Key 0x864C9B9E ( ) 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E ^^_^^ "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate" -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list