From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dev-cpp/gtest
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 13:03:44
1 Hi,
2
3 dev-cpp/gtest is Google's testing framework. According to upstream it
4 is supposed to be shipped as source code and then compiled by the build
5 system of the software that should be tested. In particular it should
6 be compiled with exactly the same flags.
7
8 So far our gtest package has shipped only the compiled library and a
9 bunch of helper scripts. Now bug 474454 asks for the sources to be
10 installed too (or exclusively). What should we do?
11
12 a) Drop the library from the ebuild and break most of the consumers who
13 don't follow upstreams recommendation.
14 b) Install shared library and sources giving maintainers the choice to
15 follow upstreams instructions or not.
16
17 Here's a list of packages that have gtest in their deps:
18
19 app-i18n/librime
20 app-i18n/mozc
21 app-text/dvisvgm