From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND: CLAWS_MAIL_PLUGINS
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:15:57
1 On 04/24/2013 02:51 AM, René Neumann wrote:
2 > As more and more packages seem to (mis)use USE_EXPAND: Can we get the
3 > possibility to set this directly in package.use? Having to write
4 > 'claws_mail_plugins_foo' does not help readability, and setting it in
5 > make.conf is also not the right way (as is package.env).
6
7 How about if we use a share a single PLUGINS USE_EXPAND among multiple
8 unrelated packages? That way, you're package.use settings will be less
9 verbose (plugins_foo versus claws_mail_plugins_foo).
10
11 > And could anyone explain to me, why having 21 additional use-flags is
12 > bad? I mean, you have them now too, the only 'advantage' being a nicer
13 > display on 'emerge -v'.
14
15 Using a generic PLUGINS USE_EXPAND will also have the advantage of
16 making the emerge -v display less verbose.
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac