From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Add a KEYWORD representing any arch (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 09:49:05
1 On Sunday 19 January 2014 04:28:33 Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El dom, 19-01-2014 a las 03:36 -0500, Mike Frysinger escribió:
3 > > On Friday 17 January 2014 02:02:51 grozin@g.o wrote:
4 > > > Maybe, a good solution is to introduce a special arch, "noarch", for
5 > > > such packages (similar to what's done in the rpm world). Then, if a
6 > > > package is ~noarch, it is automatically considered ~arch for all
7 > > > arches. Similar for stable. The maintainer should be able to keyword
8 > > > ~noarch and to stabilize noarch. Comments?
9 > >
10 > > you mean * ? this already works today (at least with portage):
11 > > KEYWORDS="~*"
12 > > KEYWORDS="*"
13 > >
14 > > in fact, i was planning on converting Chromium OS over to use this
15 > > instead of a list of arches. but that's because we run a simpler system
16 > > of there really only being two sets of ebuilds in the tree -- stable for
17 > > all and unstable for all.
18 > >
19 > > for the ebuilds that are truly arch-specific (or otherwise need
20 > > restricting), then we'll do:
21 > > KEYWORDS="-* ~arm"
22 >
23 > I had no idea that existed :O, I guess something related with
24 > "specification" is missing? :/
25
26 specs are for chumps! although PMS documents -* already, so * and ~* is a
27 logical extension. i suspect on the portage side the history is related to
28 package.keywords support. but i'm just guessing.
29 -mike