From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <canek@×××××××××××××××××××××××.mx>
To: William Hubbs <kc5eiv@×××××××××××××.net>
Cc: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@g.o>, Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-libs/glib
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:48:43
1 [...]
2
3 William> I am trying to remove the dev-libs/glib package from my system. It
4 William> is not in the world file, and it isn't in /etc/make.profile
5 William> anywhere. However, emerge -uD world insists on installing it.
6
7 Gtk+ depends on glib; if you're using Gnome or another Gtk+ based
8 application, you need it. A lot of things depends on glib; and it's
9 relatively small, so I don't see the need for removal...
10
11 Canek
12 --
13 Is it possible that software is not like anything else, that it is meant to
14 be discarded: that the whole point is to always see it as a soap bubble?
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list