From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-emulation/qemu-user mask
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:20:26
1 On 12/01/13 05:45, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. app-emulation/qemu provides
3 > all the functionality of app-emulation/qemu-user without all the
4 > outstanding security bugs and issues the package has. For users using
5 > a cross chroot, I encourage you to look at QEMU_USER_TARGETS. I
6 > presently use an arm chroot with app-emulation/qemu. Should there
7 > truly be a missing feature, open a bug and I'll fix it. The only item
8 > I'm aware of that app-emulation/qemu does not have is the binfmt
9 > initscript. But I plan on adding that to the unstable version shortly.
10 >
11 > If there are no objections for 30 days, I'll send a treecleaner notice
12 > in 30 days and remove it 30 days after that (60 days from now).
13
14 And once I have enough time I will reinstate it... beside the fact
15 qemu-user does NOT have security issues...
16
17 Again please do not mix qemu system emulation with qemu userspace
18 wrappers. They have different needs and requirements.
19
20 lu