From: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Dev-only Wiki for eclasses/portage
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:47:08
1 On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 09:03:31AM +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 >
3 > A dev wiki could resolve that problem. I do hope that we are able to see the
4 > "differences" between wiki versions (like "cvs diff" does) because it would
5 > otherwise be a PITA to maintain the GuideXML'ified documentation.
6
7 Most wikis provide diffs to allow reverting destructive changes.
8
9 Using moinmoin, a python based wiki diffs would be possible.
10 moinmoin also allows to export to xml, which might be possible
11 to modified to provide GuideXML. moinmoin is written in Python
12 and the only think negative about it is since it stores the
13 content as plain text on disc and not in a database, it doesnt
14 scale to wikipedia.org-sizes.
15 (Shameless plug) Here is an example moinmoin-wiki:
16 http://michaelsen.kicks-ass.net/moinmoin/moin.cgi/
17 (Try the xml and the sunglasses icon in the upper-right corner
18 to see xml and diffs)
19
20 Yours, Björn
25 Björn Michaelsen
26 pub 1024D/C9E5A256 2003-01-21 Björn Michaelsen <bmichaelsen@×××.de>
27 Key fingerprint = D649 8C78 1CB1 23CF 5CCF CA1A C1B5 BBEC C9E5 A256