From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [looking-for-man-power] Packaging RedHat/Fedora tools and libs
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 11:34:53
1 I'm in the process of porting (once again) a new Anaconda snapshot to
2 Sabayon (thus, to Gentoo-land). I spent several hours creating ebuilds
3 (basic, not fully integrated yet) for the following pkgs:
4
5 app-admin/authconfig
6 app-admin/firstboot
7 app-admin/system-config-date
8 app-admin/system-config-date
9 app-admin/system-config-keyboard
10 app-admin/system-config-users
11 app-cdr/isomd5sum
12 dev-python/pyblock
13 dev-python/python-cryptsetup
14 dev-python/python-meh
15 dev-python/python-nss
16 dev-python/python-report
17 dev-util/pykickstart
18 net-misc/dcbd
19 net-misc/fcoe-utils
20 sys-apps/hbaapi
21 sys-block/open-iscsi (see extra patches)
22 sys-libs/libuser
23
24 They are available in the "sabayon" overlay. Is there anybody
25 interested in helping me out for the integration and, perhaps,
26 merge-into-Portage part?
27 For the record, nowadays the Anaconda architecture is very clean and
28 allows non-rpm distros to build custom installation profiles and
29 backends quite easily. I'm really really impressed by the amazing work
30 RedHat guys did during last years.
31
32 Regards,
33 --