From: Sean Mitchell <SMitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: DONT_USE flags
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:13:20
1 > If people want an interactive mode, we can add one (I have no
2 > reason to oppose
3 > it, as long as a non-interactive build is the default). It
4 > could be really
5 > handy. But we need the new USE system first. In the
6 > meantime, I have no
7 > problem with you discussing how you'd like an interactive
8 > build mode to work,
9 > since we'll most likely add one eventually.
10
11 I agree that non-interactive should always be the default. My feeling is
12 that a user who has specific needs should be able to fine tune things by
13 going into interactive mode. But by the same token, I think that you should
14 be able to accomplish everything on the command line that you can
15 interactively.
16
17 I'd like to help with this, as I have some interest in it.
18
19 Sean
20
22 Sean Mitchell Software Engineer
23 smitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com Phoenix Interactive Design Inc
24 tel. 519-679-2913 x237 4th Floor, 137 Dundas St
25 fax. 519 679 6773 London, ON, Canada N6A 1E9
26 ICQ# 104246806