From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New global USE flag: webp
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 19:30:49
1 On 04/06/16 18:14, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 06/04/2016 12:29 PM, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
3 >> dev-lang/php:vpx - Enable webp suppoprt for GD
4 >>
5 >> ?!?!?!?! Is that a typo?
6 >>
7 > Half and half. The "suppoprt" is obviously a typo, but unfortunately,
8 > PHP uses a bundled copy of GD, so that isn't.
9 >
10 > ...and there's more. In php-7.x, they've dropped libvpx in favor of
11 > libwebp. Our existing USE=vpx (to pull in libvpx) therefore does nothing
12 > in php-7.x, so I'm going to change it to USE=webp and have it pull in
13 > libwebp instead. It takes forever to compile-test, but I'll push a fix
14 > afterwards. Thanks for noticing!
17 php *7* now?!!
18
19 The existing use description might be considered slightly confusing,
20 potentially ..