From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IPv6 support in network initscripts
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 07:35:59
1 On Sunday 01 June 2003 06:29, Peter Johanson wrote:
2 > hey all,
3 >
4 > i've started doing a lot of work on IPv6 stuff in gentoo, to try to get
5 > us up to snuff with regards to IPv6 support. I've been commiting a lot
6 > more ebuilds for various things, and more are to come. BUT, an important
7 > aspect needs fixing.
8 >
9 > init scripts.
10 >
11 > The problem is we need better control of configuring both the IPv4 and
12 > the IPv6 attributes of an interface. Specifically, we want IPv6 services
13 > to start if IPv4 networking fails and vice versa.
14 >
15 > Along with that, we also need some initscript control over establishing
16 > tunnels, etc. That issue will be better tackled i think after we have a
17 > solid general device configuration in place.
18
19 I hope what you mean by that is also nice initscripts for pptp and pppoe. Even
20 if they basically just let you specify the command line from conf.d, it's
21 still something. I've been wondering why we don't have them...
24 Dan Armak
25 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
26 Matan, Israel
27 Public GPG key: http://cvs.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key