From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-python/PyZilla: PyZilla-0.1.0.ebuild ChangeLog metadata.xml
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:18:54
1 On Mar 27, 2011 11:01 AM, "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
2 > And how exactly you want to track the level of failure for the package?
3 > Since nobody is watching them already we usually don't know how much
4 > they fail until somebody tries to emerge them from dev team or notify QA
5 > by adding as CC to bug...
6
7 If a tree falls in the forest...does anybody care?
8
9 Broken packages that nobody notices don't cost us much. A tinderbox sweep
10 will id and tag them for cleaning eventually.
11
12 All I'm saying is that the problem is broken packages, so address those, m-n
13 or otherwise.
14
15 By all means be proactive about finding maintainers, but let's not go
16 purging working packages.
17
18 As far as how broken is too broken - if it causes the distro headaches,
19 address it. That could be blockers, or tons of bug reports, or whatever...
20
21 Rich