From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 02:49:44
1 On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 08:30:57PM -0600, Pete Gavin wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I think this has been brought up before, but I think the gentoo-dev
5 > mailing list would be more helpful if we could split it up into
6 > something like gentoo-dev (for developer questions and discussion, no
7 > ebuild/package related stuff or non-developers allowed to post),
8 > gentoo-ebuild (for ebuild submittal and announcement, anyone can
9 > post), and gentoo-user (for everything else). Would this be alright?
10 >
11 > Pete
12 > <alkaline@g.o>
13
14 I will do it if I can get some kind of assurance from our developers that the
15 gentoo-ebuild and especially the gentoo-user mailing lists will be moderated by
16 at least some of the developers. Dan Armak can handle a good amount of
17 gentoo-ebuild, but I really need someone who's willing to moderate gentoo-user.
18 A moderator for gentoo-dev would be nice too :)
19
20 Maybe you could ask on CVS over the weekend and see if anyone is interested
21 in moderating the mail lists.
22
23 Also, I'll be creating team mailing lists and the # Author: comment in all new
24 ebuilds will specify the team, i.e.: system@g.o,
25 infrastructure@g.o, etc. It's too hard to track the specifc author
26 anyway; we'll just track the team. It'll be up to the team to keep their own
27 internal organization for all the ebuilds that belong to them. We'll probably
28 change the # Author: comment to # Maintainer: system@g.o, for example.
29 This'll work for me.
30
31 I'm going to cc: this to gentoo-dev.