From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed future EAPI feature: FILES whitelist
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 15:32:09
1 Ühel kenal päeval, R, 16.09.2016 kell 17:20, kirjutas Ulrich Mueller:
2 > How does a file in FILESDIR get stale? The typical scenario is that a
3 > patch will no longer be needed after a version bump and pruning of
4 > old
5 > ebuild versions. I fear that with FILES the problem would simply be
6 > shifted: instead of forgetting to delete the stale file, people would
7 > forget removing the patch from the FILES list.
8 >
9 > Ulrich
10
11 While I'm not sure I would like this feature as a whole, compared to
12 the status quo, the only way this would really work in a reasonable way
13 (and maybe not at all in some cases without the duplication) is if you
14 don't eapply them in a way that lists them again, but it would replace
15 PATCHES functionality or you'd do some bash magic to eapply everything
16 in $FILES that ends in .patch or something.
19 Mart