From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:45:56
1 On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:34:21 +0200
2 Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Ryan Hill schrieb:
5 > No, the idea behind ESCM_LOGDIR was different.
6 > If you just want the revision of the current installed thing, you can
7 > grep through the environment.
8 >
9 > ESCM_LOGDIR mainly aimed to provide a history of revisions you
10 > installed. So that you can then tell upstream "Hey, I have this
11 > revision installed and it doesn't work, but this revision worked.".
12 > So it is definitely related, but not the same.
13
14 Well, true. But it does give you the latest version you installed. ;)
15 It was the only example I could think of (and one I use constantly).
16
17 gcc is nice enough that i can do `gcc -v` and get
18
19 gcc version 4.3.2-pre20080612 built 20080614 (Gentoo SVN ebuild) rev.
20 136782 ()
21
22 but not everything works like that.
26 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
27 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
28 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662