From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel PCMCIA
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 04:12:21
1 On Friday 19 April 2002 22:50, Sean P. Kane wrote:
2 > Chad,
3 >
4 > How hard would it be to add the modify the pcmcia-cs ebuild so that it
5 > could be set to keep the configured source under
6 > /usr/src/pcmcia-cs-"version number"?
7 >
8 > Since someone has done this already with the kernel sources, I figured
9 > it might be quicker for someone here to do that part and then I would be
10 > willing to create a new ebuild for the linux-wlan-ng package I was
11 > talking about earlier. However, I need access to the configured
12 > pcmcia-cs sources. I compiled wlan-ng by hand on my Gentoo system and it
13 > works great (once I updated to the newest Intel ACPI patch so the system
14 > would assign IRQs to my PCMCIA system). My wireless pcmcia card comes up
15 > and I can browse the net fine. Since these drivers offer very good
16 > support for the most widely used wireless chipset, Intersil's Prism2, I
17 > think this is something that a lot of people would probably like.
18
19 A little OT: how are they better than the kernel's orinoco_cs? I use that with
20 my prism2-based pcmcia wireless and it, well, works.
23 > Sean
24 >
25 > -----Original Message-----
26 > From: Chad M. Huneycutt [mailto:chad.huneycutt@×××.org]
27 > Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:20
28 > To: gentoo-dev@g.o
29 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel PCMCIA
30 >