From: Geaaru <geaaru@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Informations about Systemd Stage3 Image and Systemd profile
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 19:41:35
1 Hi,
2 i'm trying to review some docker image based of Stage3 systemd image
3 for Sabayon Os. I see that currently also when it is used
4 default/linux/amd64/13.0/systemd profile there is a dependency to
5 openrc package.
6
7 This means that on daily gentoo-stage3-systemd image /sbin/init binary
8 is not a link to systemd service.
9
10 I think that this is result of the dependency to sys-apps/openrc inside
11 file /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages.
12
13 So, my first question is why dependency to openrc is not inserted to a
14 specific profile and so when is configured a systemd profile is
15 possible prepare a pure systemd environment without openrc package ?
16
17 Maybe, the main reason could be related to a problem on describe this
18 on ebuild ? Because if openrc is not present is preferable sysv-utils
19 use flag ?
20
21 For both arm and amd64 I remove automatically this dependency after
22 portage sync to rebuild a pure systemd environment and I haven't
23 issues.
24
25 I know that another workaround about this is configure kernel init
26 option to force use of systemd binary but this is not possible for
27 docker/lxc/lxd image without force lxc.cmd.init option.
28
29 Thanks in advance for any clarification.
30
31 G.