From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: system@××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rc6 system issues
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:34:48
1 I am posting this at the request of drobbins. I have also created wikis
2 for the tasks.
3
4 These are the major issues in getting the rc6 build image to a point
5 where we can emerge system.
6
7 * pam updates
8 - installation of /etc/pam.d configuration files needs to be done by
9 the pam,
10 package, rather than baselayout
11 - baselayout has already been fixed in this regard
12 - md5 passwords
13
14 * djb daemontools
15 - remove package from Gentoo
16 - supervise & friends: remove dependences from sys-apps packages
17 o apmd
18 o dcron
19 o gluelog
20 o xinetd (part of djb set, so I guess it doesn't count)
21 o for now just use unsupervised daemons
22 - multilog
23 o what needs to be done depends on new log system and possibly the
24 new services
25 o at least, we need a major overhaul of /var/log and new init
26 scripts to
27 use the new log system
28 o drobbins has some new scripts in gentoo-src/init-scripts/rc.d
29 - ucspi-tcp
30 o this should be straight-forward